Saturday, April 2, 2011

MONDAY APRIL 3RD CLASS MEETING: FRESHMEN/COMMUNITY ROOM

1. WELCOME: YOUTH FOR HUMAN RIGHTS VIDEOS

RIGHT NUMBER ONE


RIGHT NUMBER TWO



2. PATHS TO PEACE... WHAT IS YOURS?
Write your name and your path to peace (through kindness and/or service to others and/or yourselves)

"My experience with Shinneyo--en has reminded me that peace is a choice that each of us must choose each day inspite of the hustle, bustle, and chaos of daily life--choosing peace is a way to reconnect us to one another" Mrs. Crossno

Sample Paths to Peace:
Primary: Hugging
Lower Division: Sharing my video games with my brother
Middle School: Helping a friend learn, not just giving answers to homework
High School:
Teachers, Administrators, and other adults:
Mrs. Warden: My path to peace is the family God has blessed me with.
Mrs. Miano: "My path to peace both personal and universal can be summed up by my career choice of teaching young people. In their hands lie the solutions to the future. A willingness to grapple with tough mathematics problems extends into the resolving of life issues that can forge a pathway to peace."
Mrs. Clay: My path to peace is "TRUST Peace @ the Heart of Service"
Mrs. Clay's Husband: I do not know.

 
3. MAKE UP: Connecting Profiles and Roots and Fruits Quilt
a.Connections with Mrs. Clay: Costa Rica, House
b. ROOTS AND FRUITS QUILT PATCH
4. Presidential Awards


Congressional Awards

Full explanation (9 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

cbc: clayc@casady.org; 405-749-3103