YAC members signed up at YAC board!
1. Rebekah stated what we did last year and asked for ideas to celebrate
volunteerism during National Volunteer Week, April 15-22 (Earth Day). Jessica G gave ideas other schools are doing for action and fundraising. We will meet on Monday briefly during B-block to create a list to propose at next YAC meeting and start making flyers. A member of YAC will take ideas for this week to STUCO and see how we could be collaborating to fundraise for Make a Wish. Crazy Fun Week is the following week, April 23-27th! A request for out of uniform with t-shirt of place one volunteered during Crazy fun week might be welcome as an opportunity to wear the Make a Wish t-shirt again!
2. Presidential Awards will be ordered Tuesday because of students in France and deliver in May, but PSA winners will be celebrated during National Volunteer Week too!We will know if we have funding from the CPO Monday!
3. NAIS Green Team going to NYLC conference (April 10-14). The Casady NAIS Challenge 20/20 Green team has grown to three people. Salman, Shiva and Daphne. Salman will be presenting at the Earth Celebration Festival, Planet Nichols Hills, Saturday, April 21. First professional energy audit done. Skype conference with energy auditors Tuesday, March 27, 9:00 a.m. A-Block.
4. Cindy J. and Mrs. Clay talked about
Youth Lead OKC-TIDE conference. May 25-28. If anyone wants to attend, cost of conference and stay for the weekend is $275. Cost of ticket: $540. Additional money needed: Ground transportation, meals and souvenirs.
5. Elizabeth N. invited everyone to attend Brayden's B-Day Party and Coffee Shop . $5 tickets to see our Cyclone talent. Birthday cake and a happy deserving kid! STUCO is planning a presentation Monday at chapel. Members of Stuco visited Brayden at the hospital and brought hearth touching stories of his struggle and positive attitude fighting cancer.
6. Elizabeth gave update of Relay
for Life. Committees formed. Mrs. Clay stated that YAC will have a tent and to consider participating! Fun, eye-opening activity that raises awareness and funds for breast cancer research.
7. No "YAC art project for Respect Diversity Foundation Exhibit." Neither Khadija nor Zainab attended. There was a required senior meeting that conflicted with the YAC meeting. The Gala Symbol Exhibit is Thursday at 5:00 p.m. Khadija will be at ISAS Arts Festival.
8. Mrs. Clay asked YAC members to consider volunteering in Archives Project Saturday (9:30-6:00) and Sunday (Noon-6) at the Wing !
- ▼ March (6)
- ► 2011 (95)
- ► 2010 (116)