AGENDA: There was no reminder at Chapel and meeting agenda was tabled until next week. YAC members will be asked to make a personal appointment to reflect 2011-2013 personal hours involved in YAC and personal service projects.
A. Participation in Relay for Life: Expected YAC Attendance: A few YAC members captains of personal teams. YAC team: You-nited Against Cancer. The team was named by by Salman and welcomes anyone, youth or adults without a team willing to participate. YAC will have three individual tents for people in need of rest and a canopy to protect from the rain. Mrs. Clay will bring one sleeping bag. Mrs. Clay is planning to walk all night. She will not need a tent.
The You-nited Against Cancer will register with $100 contribution from Service-Learning budget. Mrs. Clay will be a participant and team captain. She is walking in memory of her great-uncle who died April 16 due to cancer. She is specially looking forward to the luminaria and advocacy walk early morning. Other faculty and staff possible members of this team: Mr. John Stonestreet scheduled to help all night with set-up and clean-up. Mr. Huestis scheduled to supervise this year's Relay. Mrs. Warden said she would attend. Faculty who stated that might attend were: Miss Croce, Miss Detering, Mrs. Linn, and Mrs. Seitter.
B. Yearly reflection: 6 meetings in 2011, 4 meetings in 2012
1. August-September: OCU, JASO, Modern Language Department: International Day of Peace: Pinwheels, Peace One Day, Japanese Peace Film and Workshops on Sumi-e and Japanese Language
2. October -November: YAC & STUCO: Casady Cans Do, Service Saturdays 3. October: Volleyball Team: Dig Pink
4. December: Art Club: Xmas Stocking for Britton Elementary
5. January: MLK Day: Care Packages for Soldiers-Individual Student Project
6. February- April STUCO: Make a Wish for Brayden: Dodge-Ball, Coffee House, Evening of the Arts
7. September- May: First Grade and UD: PASS
8. April: National Volunteer Conference: Green Team, YES-NAIS Challenge 20/20
9. April: National Volunteer Week Friday: Volunteer T-shirts, ice cream, PSA distribution
10. April: Global Youth Service Day: Collaboration with Nichols Hills Earth Day, Rebuilding Together Work Day, and YWCA Race to end sexual violence.
11. May: Relay For Life: Individual Student Project
12. May: TIDE Conference: Youth LEAD Oklahoma
C. Presidential Awards Recognition and picture at Chapel, May 17: Finish Celebratory Goodie Bags- Zainab stated that she would try to come after AP's Friday.
D. YAC Chairs
2012-2013. Self-selected during reflection time by personal interest and goals for YAC's mission: You-nite A Community. Helping find your passion to help our community.
- ▼ May (8)
- ► 2011 (95)
- ► 2010 (116)